3 Dec 2013

My Nostalgic Thing



 
 

So my Nostalgic Thing this week was re-discovering my Disney storybook I have had since I was a child. It was my Mums before it became mine and the red cover is splotched with stains...as you can probably see. I forgot I even had it until I rifled through a pile of books at the bottom of my shelf. It has large writing and beautiful coloured illustrations. My favourite tale was Toads and Diamonds as I was like a magpie and obsessed with shiny things and jewels when I was younger! The magical tale tells of a kind-hearted girl who is blessed with having jewels fall out from her mouth every time she speaks; although I'm not sure if I would call that a blessing.
The book took me back a few years and I wanted to read it for some inspiration for my 'writing for young people' fiction week at uni.



2 comments:

  1. Love the illustrations, you can sort of see how they resemble other characters! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, true! Especially Toads and Diamonds as they look like they could be from Cinderella xxx

    ReplyDelete