21 Feb 2014

#FashionFebruary: Tartan



It's week 3 of #FashionFebruary, and this week the theme is tartan. First thing: I don't actually own anything tartan in my wardrobe. It is having a renaissance, but before that it reminded me of schools and Scotland. However, I think it can work really well in a work day wardrobe and adds a touch of chic to an outfit.

Here is what I teamed the Blackwatch Check Leggings from Topshop, £25 with:


 
1. Sasha metal arm cateye sunglasses, £16, Topshop / 2. Knit crop top, £29.99, Zara / 3. Pink woven chunky chain necklace, £9.99, Newlook / 4. Nike free bionic, £80, Nike.
 
I wear a lot of dark colours and the first two items I chose for this collage were dark, (leggings and knit crop top) naturally. They needed sprucing up with bright trainers and a necklace - in hues of pink of course. Nike trainers are my favourite pair of shoes to wear with an outfit at the moment because they are just so comfy. Even with dresses or tartan, they are now regularly seen outside of the gym.
Cateye sunglasses were popularised by the likes of Dior, Stella McCartney and Alexa Chung, and have since been a staple to summer wardrobes (there's not been much occasion to wear sunglasses recently.) This week, cateye sunglasses were the bonus accessory to try and add to our look.
I liked this weeks theme and enjoyed experimenting putting tartan with woollen textures and bright colours.
 
Do you own any tartan?

No comments:

Post a Comment