13 Feb 2014

#FashionFebruary: Harem Pants


The second instalment of Fashion February is all about harem pants.
Okay, not everyone is keen on the look and you either love them or loathe them. Sometimes they can be a little unflattering, or too youthful for others. But, I do own two pairs of harem pants which I bought last year. One pair is a green, military style and the other boasts a bold print and I have to say, they are very comfortable to lounge around in or take a walk to the park.


Often, they are associated with the tall, hippy kind but there has been a shift and they are now a slightly more sophisticated and stylish option. I have chosen global traveller-look harem pants because I like this kind of style. I would wear the outfit to a festival or beach party. As an extra challenge we can try and include the bonus accessory, and this week it is the ear cuff.




1. Folk Legend Harem Pant,$19.80, Forever 21 / 2. Fine-knit waistcoat, £12.99, H&M / 3. Geo drop necklace, £7.50, Miss Selfridge / 4. Rope detail ear cuff, £8, Urban Outfitters / 5. Parisian Black Tie Dye Stripe crop top, £12.99, H&M.
 
 
A waistcoat has festival written all over it, and this plain black one from H&M does just the trick. With so much print going on on the leg, a simple block colour for the waistcoat works best here. Although you may not at first think of pairing these folky trousers with tie-dye, mixing up prints isn't always a bad thing. A slither of skin above the trouser line adds a modern twist to a casual look. To keep to the hipp-ish vibe, the accessories are gold with a rope pattern on the ear cuff and a geometrical necklace. I lurveeee geometric shapes at the moment, and I don't actually know why. I guess it adds sharp lines to a soft silhouette. Ear cuffs are a recent addition in my jewellery box and I love the peek of metal sitting at the top of my ear. This look is cool but I'm not sure how suitable it would be in the recent weather we've been having...
 
Do you like harem pants? How would you style them?
 

1 comment: