3 Feb 2014

Bath Vintage & Antiques Market

Under Green Park Station’s roof every first and last Sunday of the month is the Vintage and Antiques market. The old platform becomes a hub for dealers, shoppers and vintage-lovers, with many stalls boasting quirky items and soul music filling the station. As it's not far from my house I go pretty much every time it is on to snoop at interesting items I want to fill my imaginary house with (a student abode doesn't really count.) Stalls flaunted vintage clothes and jewels, scavenged furniture, iconic prints, art and little nik-naks. Thought it would be good to share my outing with you. Here are some snaps:



 
Particularly like the old school chairs and the 'Quirk' picture.

 
Not sure I would ever invest in taxidermy, but this tigers head would definitely catch your guests eye.

 
Scarves, hats and gloves.

 
 
A talented lady makes bracelets/watches using lots of different watch faces which I think is a brilliant idea. 

 
A nostalgic display of tea caddies and tins.

 
Bargains could be found.


I loved the suitcase full of shiny brooches. I am a magpie when it comes to anything glittery and sparkly.


Dresses from various era's were on show at a selection of stalls.

 

 
Lamps have a magical feel to them and these four lined up in a row caught my eye.



And lastly, the rare mustache mug, at £15. Wish I bought it, they look so cool...

Do you go to any local vintage markets?

No comments:

Post a Comment