2 Nov 2013

My Nostalgic Thing





So, I have plans to make this a regular post and share with you something nostalgic I have done... 

Wondering Around The Museum.
On those afternoons where the sun is out and you have a little free time, it's always good to do something different. I decided to take my housemates to the Holburne Museum in Bath. It sits grandly at the end of Great Pulteney Street, waiting for discoveries to be found by all. I used to volunteer there but hadn't been back since Summer.
With 2 floors filled with delights, it’s a place to wonder around and relax while absorbing various art and history. In the Galleries, there are secret drawers with puzzles and facts, as well as the chance for you to look at the miniature items close up.
18th Century paintings dominate the fantastic core collection - hugely based on William Holburnes’ own findings – but with a selection of modern art combined with the classical portraits, everyone can find a little something they enjoy. The housemates seemed to like it and more so by the fact it's free entry!

What is your nostalgic thing?


No comments:

Post a Comment