16 Nov 2013

Car boot Find



You can’t beat the British charm of pottering around a car-boot sale on an Autumn afternoon unearthing treasures at a cheap price. The thrill of finding exquisite items piled on top of plastic tables, sheets and stalls is something irresistible. Even if you don’t find something, there’s always the fascination of looking at what’s on offer and never knowing what you might find.
My local car-boot in Devon is only a 15 minute drive so it's handy when you've got a spare few hours. I am not good at haggling and it is something I must work on! However, when I came across this original vintage Biba bag I didn't feel the need to haggle. I was stood debating at the stall: Do I really need another bag? when the owner offered £3 for it. How could I resist? So I came away happy with the delicate embroidered bag in clutched in my hand.


What treasures have you found?

No comments:

Post a Comment