25 Nov 2013

Market Find: Framed Butterflies

 
Every first and last Sunday of the month Green Park Station in Bath, is host to a Vintage & Antiques market. I often go for a gander as it is only 10 minutes away from my house. Looking around the various stalls is always fun as the stalls have something different to offer every time. It is always bursting with treasures, ranging from collectable porcelain, glitzy jewellery and furniture to vintage toys, rare LP's and treasured curios.

Recently I have accumulated a fascination and love for butterflies. There's something about their delicacy and beauty I admire and I have been on the look-out for framed butterflies for a while. So when I saw this framed picture at the market with 7 framed butterflies I was happy!

However, the glass was broken which meant I would have to get it re-framed. It also meant it was £25 down from £45 after I learnt it was broken by a customer looking at the stall this morning. I decided to blow my student budget and buy it as it has 2 rare butterflies and would look perfect in my room...

Do you like butterflies? What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment