16 Apr 2014

Gift Jar


It is my Mums birthday tomorrow. As she is always running around after everyone I thought I'd treat her to a relaxing gift jar which might encourage her to take time-out. I bought the Kilner jar in our local bazaar shop for around £3 and filled it with little goodies. 



Here is what I put in it:

The first item I bought was Nivea Lip balm - a classic, and something I always have in my handbag. Next, are some olive scented candles, as Mum often lights candles and enjoys putting pretty things like that around the house. I loved the green colour of them. Who doesn't like adding to their jewellery box after their birthday? The gold heart-shaped earrings are simple and not too big; Mum doesn't like huge earrings. I bought the Korres soap in Waitrose after hearing good reviews about it, so I will be interested to see what Mum thinks. They had a holiday section with mini products to buy, so I bought the soap and Nivea Cream there.  


Next up: Cath Kidston Hand Cream is a winner (in my opinion) and Mum is always slathering cream on her hands so it seemed like the perfect addition. The Elle Macpherson body soak should help her unwind after being on her feet all day at work! A little while ago I gave a friend the square fridge magnet in a different design and Mum liked it then therefore, I found some more in my local gift shop saying 'Home Sweet Home' on them. Last but not least, a viennese chocolate bar to finish off the selection. 

You could add anything you wanted to the gift jar really, a lipstick, face mask or perhaps some nail files would be nice. Each person has a different taste so you could make a foodie jar with mini cheeses, truffles etc. I would like to receive something like this but what do you think of this gift idea?

1 comment: