30 Apr 2014

Butterfly Effect


I'm loving loving butterflies at the moment. Recently, I've bought shirts, art and prints all favouring the delicate creatures. Above is my favourite piece of butterly-inspired clothing: a sheer shirt from ASOS.

These fluttering winged wanderers are not to be dismissed in the fashion world as Valentino, Viktor & Rolf and Jean Paul Gaultier boasted the insect in their couture s/s collections.  

Jean Paul Gaultier, though, was the best fashion lepidopterist. His concept was based around butterflies with interpretations dark and edgy and featuring on dresses, headpieces and laser-cut lace. 

Although their lifespan is short, I think their appearance in my wardrobe and home won't be disappearing any time soon. Do you like butterflies?



No comments:

Post a Comment