8 Jan 2014

Elizabeth Arden Gift Set Review




As my boyfriend handed me my Christmas gifts I couldn't help but let out a little squeal of excitement when I saw the classic red Elizabeth Arden logo on the gold bag. He must have remembered my hints when we took a trip to Boots...

Inside was this season's Elizabeth Arden Gift Set which has five products encased within a signature red and silver make-up bag. The Christmas colours and sparkle only added to the joy of opening this treat. I hadn't tried any Elizabeth Arden products before and thought it was about time I added the cult brand to my skincare collection.




The set includes products from the Eight Hour Cream collection. Here are my quick reviews of each product:


1) Skin Protectant The Original: Tried and tested since the 1930's as effective at soothing, calming, restoring and relieving chapped, dry, cracked and irritated skin. I use the thick concoction  to shape my brows, soothe dry skin around my fingers and sometimes as a lip balm. All in all, a great product.

2) Lip Protectant: The portable stick has SPF 15 so it prevents sunburn and protects lips even in the winter light which is great as I don't normally think about SPF for my lips. I prefer using a stick as it means I don't get greasy fingers when applying. It is enriched with super emollients to relieve symptoms of chapping and cracked lips. I found it doesn't dry your lips out like other lip care and made my them really smooth. Apart from distinctive smell and taste, this classic apricot coloured lip balm will certainly make a re-appearance in my make-up bag.

3) Intensive Daily Moisturiser for Face: A good moisturiser is probably my most important thing to have and use. This white cream has SPF 15 (always a plus with me) and made my skin feel soft and hydrated. It made my skin look glowing and make-up was easy to apply. It has a thick consistency but wasn't too suffocating or oily.

4) Intensive Moisturising Hand Treatment: The white hand treatment smells nice but didn't really feel that 'rich' for me. It soothed my dry hands and I applied it around 3 times a day. I did like the fact it wasn't greasy and was fast-absorbing.

5) Intensive Moisturising Body Treatment: Similar to the Daily Moisturiser, it left my skin soft and smooth. The 30ml bottle will be used in no time.



 

Overall, a wonderful present and great products. I will be buying most of them again (or maybe wait until my boyfriend buys me another lot) as I could feel the difference in my skins texture and appearance.


Not only did I get the whole gift set but a free make-over in store too!


No comments:

Post a Comment