5 Mar 2015

Coconut Truffles

I am a real snacker. By mid-morning I need something to nibble on, and not long after lunch I'm reaching for the cupboards too. So I wanted to make some snacks that I can carry with me when I'm out and are quick to make. These little coconut truffles are really easy to whip up and are great for a mid-afternoon snack.



Makes: 10. Time: 10 minutes, plus soaking and chilling.


Ingredients


6 dates, soaked
1 cup of desiccated coconut
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tbsp water



Method

1. Soak the dates for at least an hour in a bowl of water.
2. Add the coconut, dates and maple syrup to a blender.
3. Once these are blended, add the water. If the mixture doesn't quite stick then slowly add more water. Blend until all ingredients become sticky.
4. Spoon out the mixture and squish in the palm of your hand before rolling into a ball. Transfer into a mini case. Do this for each truffle and then place in the freezer for about an hour.
5. Once they have set - enjoy. Store in the fridge.

You can always mix it up a bit and coat them in dark chocolate or vanilla frosting to make them a little sweeter!

1 comment:

  1. So yummy!!!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://www.fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete